Korea's Instant Curry
Hello there to all my fellow readers and curry enthusiasts. Today, I thought I would discuss the instant curry game out in South Korea. From my 2 year stint, I did eat a grand amount of food and explore options that I would have likely never considered in America. Like, subjecting myself to unholy amounts of spicy dishes each day as well as having a little treat of Curry over rice or the Curry version of Buldak Bokkemyeon ( Fire Noodles).
This being said, I hope you enjoy this small review-esque type deal and perhaps it inspires you to purchase these products on Amazon or anything of the like. Let's get on with the show.
Ottogi Curry (Hot)
Taste: ★★★☆☆/★★★★★
Presentation:★★★☆☆/★★★★★
Spiciness : ★★☆☆☆/★★★★★
Despite the packaging saying 'hot', it was surprisingly mild. Then, again, I eat Fire Noodles on the daily so perhaps my tastes are out of whack. The taste is very mild but flavorful, the yellow curry powder being easily on the tongue whilst everything else used like cardamon and anise are very faint. Texture-wise, it is surprisingly smooth and I love that the veggies packaged in it are very soft. They literally fall apart in your mouth, how amazing?!
The presentation is actually not bad.
The curry and veggies are already made and sealed into an aluminum and plastic lined bag, only requiring you to boil water and slide the bag inside before plating. So, that is a pretty big plus. The downside is that it doesn't come with rice, but I usually always had some made or purchased a small contained of ready-to-eat rice.
As for spiciness, I did state earlier that it is pretty mild. I do believe that if you are one who is unaccustomed to dining on hot dishes, this would be a perfect fit for you. I ended up needing to add ground pepper flakes or sriracha whenever I ate this package styled Curry because it just didn't sate that heat that I was seeking.
Overall Rating: ★★★★☆/★★★★★
Buldak Bokkemyeon : Curry (Fire Noodles Edition)
Taste: ★★★★☆/★★★★★
Presentation:★★★★☆/★★★★★
Spiciness : ★★★★☆/★★★★★
These right here?! My shit!!! I think that honestly if I had to pick, not only do I love this flavor the most because of the curry seasoning and the small bits of carrot/potato added in when you pour the boiling water in. I honestly don't know what it is besides the near unbearable heat that keeps me coming back.
The noodles are thinner because it is a cup/bowl product as opposed to the regular packaging's thick noodles. The mouthfeel is unbeatable for me, I love how each strand absorbs the sauce that it's mixed in and has a nice chew to it.
Spiciness is obviously the king here, since this is a high SHU containing product. The general Fire Noodle brand is rated #3 in the world because of how much pepper is added in, but the curry version is pretty tame.


Comments
Post a Comment